[openstack-dev] [tripleo] pingtest vs tempest

Luigi Toscano ltoscano at redhat.com
Thu Apr 6 11:51:56 UTC 2017

On Thursday, 6 April 2017 13:29:32 CEST Justin Kilpatrick wrote:
> Maybe I'm getting a little off topic with this question, but why was
> Tempest removed last time?
>
> I'm not well versed in the history of this discussion, but from what I
> understand Tempest in the gate has
> been an off and on again thing for a while but I've never heard the
> story of why it got removed.

Also, saying "tempest" only can be a bit confusing.
I guess that what can be easily done here is:
- use tempest (library, CLI) to initialize the test environment (tempest init)
and run test tests (test run/ostestr), and gather the results
- select a subset of the current tests to be executed, or even write some.
Pingtest itself could be changed into a Tempest plugin...

A possible "resource problem" depend only on the set of tests which are
executed.

--
Luigi