[openstack-dev] [Sahara][APIv2] Microversions

Telles Nobrega tenobreg at redhat.com
Wed Apr 5 15:25:41 UTC 2017

Hey Saharans and interested folks,

On the intent to move our API version to v2 there has been a lot of work
going on this cycle following
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Sahara/api-v2 defined
a while back.

One of the new features defined on the document is the addition of
microversion support. The idea is to allow addition of new features without
breaking current API version and not needing to bump API major version on a
small change as well as allow different features to be available on the
same deploy depending on the API version requested.

In Sahara, we don't see many API changes on the horizon but this seems like
a good point to work on to make our API more stable and easily changeable
in the future. The work will be based on Nova, Ironic and Manila's work
which are already done.

My question here is, do we have any concerns about this work? Can we move
on or should this be put on the background?

Thanks, I will be waiting your input so we can make a decision.
--

TELLES NOBREGA

SOFTWARE ENGINEER

Red Hat I <https://www.redhat.com/>