[openstack-dev] [tc] version document for project navigator

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Wed Apr 5 10:28:56 UTC 2017

Monty Taylor wrote:
> As per our discussion in today's TC meeting, I have made a document
> format for reporting versions to the project navigator. I stuck it in
> the releases repo:
>
>   https://review.openstack.org/453361
>
> Because there was already per-release information there, and the
> governance repo did not have that structure.

Somehow missed this thread, so will repost here comments I made elsewhere:

This looks good, but I would rather not overload the releases
repository. My personal preference (which was also expressed by
Doug in the TC meeting) would be to set this information up in a
"project-navigator" git repo that we would reuse for any information we
need to collect from projects for accurate display on the project
navigator. If the data is not maintained anywhere else (or easily
derivable from existing data), we would use that repository to collect
it from projects.

That way there is a clear place to go to to propose fixes to the project
navigator data. Not knowing how to fix that data is a common complaint,
so if we can point people to a git repo (and redirect people from there
to the places where other bits of information happen to live) that would
be great.

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)