[openstack-dev] [nova] Spec review sprint on Tuesday April 4th

Matt Riedemann mriedemos at gmail.com
Wed Apr 5 02:25:11 UTC 2017

On 3/23/2017 10:55 AM, Matt Riedemann wrote:
> As discussed in the nova meeting today [1] we will be having a spec
> review sprint on Tuesday April 4th. We have ~111 open specs for review
> and the spec freeze is on April 13th [2] so this will give us a push for
> reviews before the deadline.
>
> We'll be discussing specs in the #openstack-nova IRC channel on that day
> so if you have a spec proposed, please try to be around in the channel
> to answer any questions or quickly address any issues that come up if
> we're looking at your spec.
>
> [1]
> http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/nova/2017/nova.2017-03-23-14.00.html
>
> [2] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Nova/Pike_Release_Schedule

Thanks to all that helped with the spec review sprint today. Some numbers:

Before
------

Total open spec reviews: 109
Total approved: 41

After
-----

Total open spec reviews: 62
Total approved: 45

So there aren't as many approved as maybe we would hope for, but I know
there are a few sitting out there with +2s or are very close and just
need some cleanup. But it's also really nice to see the total number of
open reviews drop almost in half so we can have a more realistic idea of
what we need to focus on for reviews before the spec freeze deadline on
April 13.

Matt