[openstack-dev] [all][TripleO][release][deployment] Packaging problems due to branch/release ordering

Emilien Macchi emilien at redhat.com
Wed Apr 5 01:36:56 UTC 2017

adding [all] for more visibility... See comments inline:

On Tue, Mar 21, 2017 at 2:02 PM, Emilien Macchi <emilien at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 13, 2017 at 12:29 PM, Alan Pevec <apevec at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> In the past we addressed this by automatically merging the release
>>> tag back into master, but we stopped doing that a cycle ago because
>>> it complicated release note generation.
>>
>> Also this was including RC >= 2 and final tags so as soon as the first
>> stable maintenance version was released, master was again lower
>> version.
>
> topic sounds staled.
> Alan,  do we have an ETA on the RDO workaround?

Without progress on RDO tooling and the difficulty of implementing it,
I went ahead and proposed a semver bump for some projects:

https://review.openstack.org/#/q/topic:sem-ver/pike

Except for Swift where I don't know if they'll bump X, I proposed to bump Y.
For all other projects, I bumped X as they did from Newton to Ocata.
(where version is X.Y.Z).

Please give any feedback on the reviews if you prefer another kind of bump.
Thanks for reviewing that asap, so TripleO CI can test upgrades from
Ocata to Pike soon.

Thanks,

--
Emilien Macchi