[openstack-dev] [oslo][requirements][designate][cinder] Reverting eventlet version bump

Clint Byrum clint at fewbar.com
Tue Apr 4 18:11:59 UTC 2017

Excerpts from Monty Taylor's message of 2017-04-04 12:19:36 -0500:
> On 04/04/2017 09:19 AM, Jay S Bryant wrote:
> > Monty,
> >
> > I agree with your approach.  Think we should not break other projects
> > with a change like this and the answer thus far has been to just patch
> > each project individually to work around the issues introduced by
> > eventlet.  So, I support this approach and think Sean would as well.
>
> To follow up with everyone - dims and I spent a bit of time this morning
> testing combinations of things, and it seems that master of eventlet
> actually also does not fix things - there are some issues that will just
> need to be figured out.
>
> The suggested path forward at the moment is to pull designate out of the
> requirements-sync process so it can stay pinned at 0.19 while the issues
> are sorted out. A patch to bump designate back to 0.20.1 can accompany
> the patch to fix it for 0.20.1 - and can be done as people have time,
> rather than in a rush.

Has anyone made any attempt to eliminate eventlet from Designate? The
less places it's used, the less problems OpenStack seems to have, IMO.
But I can see on cursory examination it has quite a few services so
perhaps it's just too entrenched?