[openstack-dev] [novaclient] novaclient and httpretty - unable to record

Monty Taylor mordred at inaugust.com
Tue Apr 4 13:09:18 UTC 2017

On 04/04/2017 04:43 AM, George Shuklin wrote:
> Sorry for asking in dev maillist, but it really looks like dev issue.
>
> I'm writing  application which relies on novaclient, glanceclient, etc.
>
> It's almost done, but I thought about adding end to end tests by
> recording and actual requests and replies to openstack. I used httpretty
> library for this. Unfortunately, it ignores all requests and unable to
> record them.

You might have better luck with either requests_mock or betamax. There
is a betamax test fixture in the keystoneauth1 that you can use if you
want to go the betamax route:

http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/keystoneauth/tree/keystoneauth1/tests/unit/test_betamax_fixture.py

If you'd rather go requests_mock (which is what I've been using to great
pleasure) you can look in the shade test suite for some examples -
although it's a big test suite so things get complex:

http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack-infra/shade/tree/shade/tests/unit/base.py#n398

http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack-infra/shade/tree/shade/tests/unit/test_security_groups.py#n380

> Does someone knew anything about httpretty and novaclient interaction?
> (I think keystoneauth1 and other openstack clients behaves the same way?).

I unfortunately don't know about httpretty and keystoneauth. I don't
know of any specific reason it shouldn't work, but as I use the other
things I have never explored it.