[openstack-dev] [openstack-ansible] Adding a scenario for shade's functional tests

Monty Taylor mordred at inaugust.com
Tue Apr 4 12:39:22 UTC 2017

Hey all!

I woke up early this morning and found myself thinking "I clearly don't
have enough work on my plate, why don't I add some more?"

I'd love to make a gate job that:
- Deploys a cloud with openstack-ansible
- Runs shade's functional tests against that cloud

Which makes me think it just needs to be an additional scenario perhaps?

As I started to poke, I need to figure out the best way to accomplish
something. Namely, shade's functional tests expect a clouds.yaml that
defines two entires - one admin and one non-admin.

OSA already creates a clouds.yaml with admin creds, so that's done. And
there is already tempest setup that creates a demo user, so that's done
too. Here's where I could use some advice:

- What's the best way to plumb through an option to also write an entry
to clouds.yaml for the demo user? I'm thinking a boolean in
openstack-ansible-openstack_openrc like
"openrc_clouds_yml_add_demo_user" that can be wrapped around a second
entry in clouds.yaml.j2?

- Can we create the demo user and not run tempest? It's in the
os_tempest role at the moment. Should I split out the user creation bits
into a "test_setup" role that tempest depends on - and then also make a
shade_test role that also depends on the test_setup role?

- If we do a test_setup role, should that maybe just write a whole
additional clouds.yaml out that has the admin and the demo user so that
we don't have to put conditionals in places that also get used for prod
deploys?

I think that's about all the questions I have for now ...

Thanks!
Monty