[openstack-dev] [tripleo] CI Squad Meeting Summary (week 13)

Attila Darazs adarazs at redhat.com
Mon Apr 3 11:08:26 UTC 2017

If the topics below interest you and you want to contribute to the
discussion, feel free to join the next meeting:

Time: Thursdays, 14:30-15:30 UTC
Place: https://bluejeans.com/4113567798/

Full minutes: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/tripleo-ci-squad-meeting

We had a meeting full of intense discussion last Thursday. Here's the
summary.

= Promotion jobs and HTTP caching =

The first part of it was centered around trying to improve and mostly
speed up the promotion process for TripleO, which is an ongoing
discussion for the last few weeks.

Image building takes a long time (~30 minutes) for each promotion job,
which we can be spared by having a separate job build the images. This
would result in fewer job timeouts. Zuul v3 will be able to handle these
kind of job dependencies directly, but meanwhile we can probably work
around it. Our contact on this work is pabelanger.

A lot of other outside queries can be probably sped up by having an
infra-wide caching proxy. This might be an Apache server with mod_proxy
for the short term, and AFS mirror in the long term. This will speed up
image downloads and docker registry downloads as well, speeding up our jobs.

= Quickstart transition update =

The big OVB change from last week got merged, now we're checking the
stability of those jobs before proceeding with the transition. We'll
want to have more extensive testing before we move the voting jobs over,
so probably we'll create parallel non-voting jobs this time
(ha/non-ha/updates + gate job), not just testing through pending
tripleo-ci changes.

We will probably combine the former ha and nonha OVB jobs to save
resources on rh1. Relevant change and discussion here[1].

We also briefly talked and discussed how to involve and bring up to
speed more people for reviewing Quickstart changes. There will be a deep
dive session on the subject given by one of the current cores probably.

Best regards,
Attila

[1] https://review.openstack.org/449785