[openstack-dev] [tripleo] os-cloud-config retirement

Bogdan Dobrelya bdobreli at redhat.com
Mon Apr 3 07:53:03 UTC 2017

On 31.03.2017 13:58, Jiří Stránský wrote:
> On 30.3.2017 17:39, Juan Antonio Osorio wrote:
>> Why not drive the post-config with something like shade over ansible?
>> Similar to what the kolla-ansible community is doing.
>
> We could use those perhaps, if they bring enough benefit to add them to
> the container image(s) (i think we'd still want to drive it via a
> container rather than fully externally). It's quite tempting to just

I hope we still want to decouple configuration from distribution. Wrt
versioning issue, custom entry points seem bound to versions of the heat
templates and data living there anyway. So it sounds reasonable to me to
ship and version entrypoints among templates as a single bundle and
please please please keep those out of images.

--
Best regards,
Bogdan Dobrelya,