[openstack-dev] [qa][devstack][kuryr][fuxi][zun] Consolidate docker installation

Hongbin Lu hongbin.lu at huawei.com
Mon Apr 3 00:13:43 UTC 2017

Hi devstack team,

Please find my proposal about consolidating docker installation into one place that is devstack tree:

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/452575/

Currently, there are several projects that installed docker in their devstack plugins in various different ways. This potentially introduce issues if more than one such services were enabled in devstack because the same software package will be installed and configured multiple times. To resolve the problem, an option is to consolidate the docker installation script into one place so that all projects will leverage it. Before continuing this effort, I wanted to get early feedback to confirm if this kind of work will be accepted. BTW, etcd installation might have a similar problem and I would be happy to contribute another patch to consolidate it if that is what will be accepted as well.

Best regards,
Hongbin