[openstack-dev] [all] [release] project documentation updates not RC-worthy

Brian Rosmaita brian.rosmaita at RACKSPACE.COM
Fri Sep 30 15:23:39 UTC 2016

Just want to send out a quick recap of a discussion in #openstack-meeting
during the release team meeting this morning, in case any other projects
are in a similar situation.

As you're aware, the api-ref was moved out of docs and into the source
code tree for each project this cycle.  Since the api-ref on openstack.org
is published from master, my plan for Glance was to make sure all
revisions for newton were merged into master before 6 Oct ... but I did
not make it a priority for RC time.  Thus we have a not completely
up-to-date api-ref in the stable/newton source tree, and this morning I
panicked, thinking that maybe we need a new RC.

The consensus was that fixing the in-tree docs is not a critical issue, so
no new RC.  Instead, the update should be addressed later in a newton
point release.

cheers,
brian