[openstack-dev] What's Up, Doc? 30 September

Lana Brindley openstack at lanabrindley.com
Fri Sep 30 04:07:04 UTC 2016

Hi everyone,

We're on the final countdown to Newton now! The release managers Olena and Alex are busy getting the release patches ready, the Install Guide testing team are madly working through the last few sections, and Andreas and I have our fingers hovering over the big red GO button! Don't forget that you can contact any of us (or just send mail to the docs mailing list) if you have any questions about the Newton docs release.

Please be aware that the core team will not be merging non-critical patches until after we've branched for Newton, particularly for the Installation Guide. We usually cut the branch about a week after Summit concludes, so you might be asked to wait until then. If that happens, a core will -2 your patch until after we've branched.

== Progress towards Newton ==

5 days to go!

Bugs closed so far: 466

Release managers: Olena Logvinova and Alexandra Settle

Release tasks are being tracked here: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/NewtonRelease

Install Guide testing is being tracked here: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Documentation/NewtonDocTesting

== The Road to Barcelona ==

I have a draft schedule up, which you can see here: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/Ocata-DocsSessions I'll put this into Sched once the tool becomes available, and your early feedback is welcome. Additionally, if you're interested in moderating a session in Barcelona, please let me know.

== Core Team Reviews ==

Just a quick note that we won't be holding a core team review in October, as it conflicts with release, or in November, as it conflicts with Summit. We'll resume these in December for the Newton cycle.

== Doc team meeting ==

Next meetings:

The US meeting was held this week, you can read the minutes here: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Documentation/MeetingLogs#2016-09-28

Next meetings:
APAC: Wednesday 5 October, 00:30 UTC (This will be the final meeting before release day!)
US: Wednesday 12 October, 19:00 UTC

Please go ahead and add any agenda items to the meeting page here: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Meetings/DocTeamMeeting#Agenda_for_next_meeting

--

Keep on doc'ing!