[openstack-dev] [neutron][lbaas][heat][octavia] Heat engine doesn't detect lbaas listener failures

Michael Johnson johnsomor at gmail.com
Fri Sep 30 00:51:15 UTC 2016

Hi folks,

Yes, I think there are some discrepancies around the provisioning
status being exposed.

Currently I think the only way to get visibility to those is through
the status api:
http://developer.openstack.org/api-ref/networking/v2/#show-load-balancer-status-tree
Which, frankly, I think there are some bugs in.

Going forward we do want to flesh these out and expose them as appropriate.

My intent is to have provisioning status on all of our top level
objects that can independently go into an ERROR state should there be
a problem.  This should allow users/operators the ability to
delete/re-create any object that had a failure the driver was unable
to recover from.

If you see gaps or items you need visibility to, please open bugs for
us and extra credit if you ping us in the #openstack-lbaas channel or
during our weekly meeting.

Michael