[openstack-dev] [neutron][lbaas][heat][octavia] Heat engine doesn't detect lbaas listener failures

Rabi Mishra ramishra at redhat.com
Wed Sep 28 00:35:03 UTC 2016

On Wed, Sep 28, 2016 at 1:01 AM, Zane Bitter <zbitter at redhat.com> wrote:

> On 27/09/16 15:11, Jiahao Liang wrote:
>
>> Hello all,
>>
>> I am trying to use heat to launch lb resources with Octavia as backend.
>> The template I used is
>> from https://github.com/openstack/heat-templates/blob/master/hot/
>> lbaasv2/lb_group.yaml.
>>
>> Following are a few observations:
>>
>> 1. Even though Listener was created with ERROR status, heat will still
>> go ahead and mark it Creation Complete. As in the heat code, it only
>> check whether root Loadbalancer status is change from PENDING_UPDATE to
>> ACTIVE. And Loadbalancer status will be changed to ACTIVE anyway no
>> matter Listener's status.
>>

> That sounds like a clear bug.

It seems we're checking for any exceptions from the client[1], before
checking for the
loadbalancer status. I could not see any other way to check the listener
status afterwards.
Probably a lbaas bug with octavia driver?

Could you please raise a bug with the heat/lbaas logs?

[1]
https://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/heat/tree/heat/engine/resources/openstack/neutron/lbaas/listener.py#n183