[openstack-dev] dhcp 'Address already in use' errors when trying to start a dnsmasq

Kevin Benton kevin at benton.pub
Tue Sep 27 19:06:38 UTC 2016

There is no side effect other than log noise and a delayed reload? I don't
see why a revert would be appropriate.

I looked at the logs and the issue seems to be that the process isn't
tracked correctly the first time it starts.

grep for the following:

ea141299-ce07-4ff7-9a03-7a1b7a75a371', 'dnsmasq'

in
http://logs.openstack.org/26/377626/1/check/gate-tempest-dsvm-neutron-full-ubuntu-xenial/b6953d4/logs/screen-q-dhcp.txt.gz

The first time dnsmasq is called it gives a 0 return code but the agent
doesn't seem to get a pid for it. So the next time it is called it
conflicts with the running proc.