[openstack-dev] [all][elections][TC] TC Candidacy

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Tue Sep 27 16:26:47 UTC 2016

On 09/27/2016 06:19 AM, John Davidge wrote:
<snip>
>> Hmm, I disagree about that. I think that experience actually *has* shown
>> us that there is a single set of rules that can/should be applied to all
>> projects that wish to be called an OpenStack project.
>
> We may have to agree to disagree here. Look at recent efforts to enforce
> python 3 compatibility, for example. Some projects had reasons why they
> didn't want to, others had reasons why they couldn't, and some simply
> didn't view it as a priority. We'd be much more productive in defining and
> enforcing rules like this if there was a narrower scope of projects they
> applied to.

To clarify on this point, the main projects that said this probably
wasn't doable in the way first proposed, were within the smaller tent
that you defined earlier.

The reason this particular goal is challenging isn't really the big
tent, it's the legacy that larger projects carry forward, which just
means the work takes more than a cycle to do.

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague
http://dague.net