[openstack-dev] [puppet] [infra] Request for old branches removal

Emilien Macchi emilien at redhat.com
Tue Sep 27 12:29:12 UTC 2016

Hi Josh,

Thanks a lot for your help !
I've noticed some of them still have stale branches, example:
https://github.com/openstack/puppet-keystone/branches with essex and folsom
or https://github.com/openstack/puppet-nova/branches with diablo!
(yeah very old :-))
also puppet-cinder, puppet-glance, puppet-horizon, puppet-neutron, puppet-swift,
puppet-tempest (remove fix_image_version branch). So at the end we
only keep stable/liberty and stable/mitaka.

Could we also get rid of them?

Thanks again,

On Tue, Sep 27, 2016 at 8:05 AM, Joshua Hesketh
<joshua.hesketh at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Emilien,
>
> I've removed all of the old branches on the specified repos and created tags
> in their place. Let me know if there are any problems.
>
> Cheers,
> Josh
>
> On Mon, Sep 26, 2016 at 3:51 PM, Emilien Macchi <emilien at redhat.com> wrote:
>>
>> Greatings Infra,
>>
>> This is an official request to remove old branches for Puppet OpenStack
>> modules:
>>
>> puppet-ceilometer
>> puppet-cinder
>> puppet-glance
>> puppet-heat
>> puppet-horizon
>> puppet-keystone
>> puppet-neutron
>> puppet-nova
>> puppet-openstack_extras
>> puppet-openstacklib
>> puppet-swift
>> puppet-tempest
>>
>> Please remove all branches before Kilo (Kilo was already removed).
>>
>> Thanks,
>> --
>> Emilien Macchi

Emilien Macchi