[openstack-dev] Pecan Version 1.2

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Mon Sep 26 22:20:37 UTC 2016

On 2016-09-26 15:03:19 -0700 (-0700), Clay Gerrard wrote:
[...]
> I thought upper-constraints was somehow supposed to work to prevent this?
> Like maybe don't install a brand new shiny upstream version on the gate
> infrastructure test jobs until it passes all our tests?  Prevent a fire
> drill?
[...]

There are some hopefully-representative jobs run against proposed
changes to upper-constraints.txt, but no way we could conceivably
run every job against them. Those jobs mostly attempt to determine
whether an update will wedge most projects but aren't likely to
catch an issue that impacts only one or a few.

What the upper constraints implementation _does_ give us, however,
is a central location we can quickly block breaking dep updates once
discovered rather than having to wait for them to propagate through
global requirements and get merged into tons of individual project
repos.
--
Jeremy Stanley