[openstack-dev] [all][elections][TC] TC Candidacy

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Mon Sep 26 20:41:51 UTC 2016

On 2016-09-26 15:39:23 -0400 (-0400), Jay Pipes wrote:
[...]
> >* Reinstate Stackforge as the primary incubator for new projects
>
> Having Stackforge as a separate Github organization and set of repositories
> was a maintenance nightmare due to the awkwardness of renaming projects when
> they "moved into OpenStack".
>
> Also, reminder: The Big Tent != the dissolution of Stackforge.
[...]

Also a reminder that this wouldn't be a reinstatement. While it was
sometimes common for people without a clear understanding of
community process to assume there was a requirement that projects
had to start in Stackforge and then graduate to being Official,
that's not actually how incubation worked. In fact, Stackforge was
(and still is though not by that name any longer as we retired the
branding around it) just a label for unofficial projects. The
"incubated" projects before the big tent were semi-official, could
use the "openstack" Git namespace (back when we still restricted
it), could publish to docs.openstack.org, and so on.
--
Jeremy Stanley