[openstack-dev] [ironic] weekly subteam report

Loo, Ruby ruby.loo at intel.com
Mon Sep 26 18:11:41 UTC 2016

Hi,

Here is this week's subteam report for Ironic. As usual, this is pulled directly from the Ironic whiteboard[0] and formatted.

Bugs (dtantsur)
===============
- Stats (diff between 16 Sep 2016 and 26 Sep 2016)
- Ironic: 195 bugs (+9) + 216 wishlist items (+1). 0 new (-1), 159 in progress (+14), 0 critical, 31 high (-1) and 17 incomplete (+2)
- Inspector: 11 bugs + 19 wishlist items (+1). 1 new, 10 in progress (-2), 0 critical, 1 high (-1) and 1 incomplete
- Nova bugs with Ironic tag: 6 (-2). 0 new, 0 critical, 0 high

Gate improvements (jlvillal, lucasagomes, dtantsur)
* trello: https://trello.com/c/HWVHhxOj/1-multi-tenant-networking-network-isolation
- switching jobs to xenial is still in progress
    - one non-voting inspector job was switched
    - vasyl to switch other non-voting jobs

Notifications (mariojv)
=======================
* trello: https://trello.com/c/MD8HNcwJ/17-notifications
    - Small spec updates landed
    - Patches still pending review:
        - https://review.openstack.org/#/c/347242/ yuriyz has a spec up for CRUD notifications, needs reviewers
        - https://review.openstack.org/#/c/321865/ power state notifications ready for review; oustanding issues seem to be related to deciding on what to include in payload

Serial console (yossy, hshiina, yuikotakadamori)
* trello: https://trello.com/c/nm3I8djr/20-serial-console- Nova patch: needs review (Ocata is open)  https://review.openstack.org/#/c/328
157/
- ironic bug: needs review https://review.openstack.org/#/c/363647/

Enhanced root device hints (lucasagomes)
* trello: https://trello.com/c/f9DTEvDB/21-enhanced-root-device-hints
- Ocata is now open, waiting on a ironic-lib release to unblock https://review.o
penstack.org/#/c/366742/

Install guide migration (JayF and mat128)
* trello: https://trello.com/c/PwH1pexJ/23-rescue-mode
- Waiting for https://review.openstack.org/#/c/376603/ "Skip slow ironic tests o
n install-guide changes"
- otherwise, the patches are ready to land :)

Inspector (dtansur)
===================
- we've made the final release, thanks all
- we've got a tempest equivalent of all our bash-based jobs
    - I've just switched the non-voting discovery job to Xenial to see if it works
    - if it does, it will be the last to replace the bash job
- early ocata changes that need attention/are good to review:
    - the states patch (HA)
    - Listing introspection statuses endpoint spec&patch

Bifrost (TheJulia)
- Documentation on how to pronounce Bifrost merged :)

Until next week,
--ruby

[0] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/IronicWhiteBoard