[openstack-dev] [packaging][rpm] 3rd-party gates promotion to voting gates

Anita Kuno anteaya at anteaya.info
Mon Sep 26 14:05:27 UTC 2016

On 16-09-26 07:48 AM, Haïkel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> following our discussions about 3rd party gates in RPM packaging project,
> I suggest that we vote in order to promote the following gates as voting:
> - MOS CI
> - SUSE CI
>
> After promotion, all patchsets submitted will have to validate these gates
> in order to get merged. And gates maintainers should ensure that the gates
> are running properly.
>
> Please vote before (and/or during) our thursday meeting.
>

> +1 to promote both MOS and SUSE CI as voting gates.
>
> Regards,
> H.

I'm not sure what you mean by voting gates. Gates don't vote, an
individual job can leave a verified +1 in the check queue or/and a
verified +2 in the gate queue.

Third party CI systems do not vote verified +2 in gerrit. They may if
the project chooses vote verified +1 on a project.

If you need clarification in what third party ci systems may do in
gerrit, you are welcome to reply to this email, join the
#openstack-infra channel or participate in a third party meeting:
http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/#Third_Party_Meeting

Thank you,
Anita.