[openstack-dev] [Kuryr] Kuryr IPVlan Code PoC

Antoni Segura Puimedon celebdor at gmail.com
Sat Sep 24 13:37:46 UTC 2016

On Wed, Sep 21, 2016 at 11:53 AM, Daly, Louise M
<louise.m.daly at intel.com> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>

> As promised here is a link to the code PoC for the Kuryr-IPVlan proposal.
>
> https://github.com/lmdaly/kuryr-libnetwork
>

> Link to specific commit
>
> https://github.com/lmdaly/kuryr-libnetwork/commit/1dc895a6d8bfaa03c0dd5cfb2d3e23e2e948a67c
>

> From here you can clone the repo and install Kuryr as you normally would
> with a few additional steps:
>

> 1. The IPVlan driver must be installed on the VM/Machine that the PoC will
> be run on. Fedora-Server(not the cloud image) includes the driver by default
> but the likes of the cloud image must be modified to include the driver.
>
> 2. You must install Docker experimental.
>
> 3. You must use the Kuryr IPAM driver for address management.
>
> 4. In order to enable the IPVlan mode you must change the ipvlan option in
> the kuryr.conf file from false to true.
>
> 5. You must also change the ifname option to match the interface of the
> private network you wish to run the containers on. (Default is ens3)
>
> 6. As listed in the limitations on the README.rst on kuryr “To create Docker
> networks with subnets having same/overlapping cidr, it is expected to pass
> unique pool name for each such network creation Docker command.” You will
> need to do this if you are creating a docker network with the same private
> network on another VM.
>

> The IPVlan proposal was sent out to the mailing list – link for those who
> missed it.
>
> http://osdir.com/ml/openstack-dev/2016-09/msg00816.html
>

> Please send any feedback, issues, comments, bugs.

Thanks a lot Louise,

I've taken the core of the binding code and tried to port it to
kuryr-lib [1]. It is still
a Work In Progress.

With this patch, it should be possible to have kuryr-libnetwork only do the part
of requesting the extra IP (allocated by creating a new port?) and then updating
the allowed address pairs.

Regards,

Toni

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/375864/1