[openstack-dev] [Glance] Cores using -2 votes

Ian Cordasco sigmavirus24 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 23 14:42:51 UTC 2016

Hi all,

A few weeks ago, there was a controversy in which a patch had been
-2'd until other concerns were resolved and then the core who used
their -2 powers disappeared and could not lift it after those concerns
had been resolved. This lead to a situation where the -2'd patch was
abandoned and then resubmitted with a new Change-Id so it could be
approved in time for a milestone.

In chatting with some folks, it's become apparent that all of us
Glance cores need to keep a dashboard around of items that we've -2'd.

The basic form of that is:

https://review.openstack.org/#/q/reviewer:self+AND+label:code-review-2+AND+(project:openstack/glance+OR+project:openstack/glance_store+OR+project:openstack/python-glanceclient)

Or the query in particular is:

    reviewer:self AND label:code-review-2 AND
(project:openstack/glance OR project:openstack/glance_store OR
project:openstack/python-glanceclient)

That said, this will show any patch you have reviewed that has a -2 on
it. (This also ignores specs.)

To find what *you* have -2'd, the query is a little bit different:

    label:code-review-2,<gerrit-user-name> AND
(project:openstack/glance OR project:openstack/glance_store OR
project:openstack/python-glanceclient)

For example,

    label:code-review-2,sigmavirus24 AND (project:openstack/glance OR
project:openstack/glance_store OR
project:openstack/python-glanceclient)

is my query.

I think we would all appreciate it if as cores we could keep an eye on
our own -2's and keep them up-to-date.

I suspect people here will want to ignore anything that was abandoned
so you can also do:

    label:code-review-2,<gerrit-user-name> AND -status:abandoned AND
(project:openstack/glance OR project:openstack/glance_store OR
project:openstack/python-glanceclient)

Finally, if you use Gertty, you can use this query to do the same thing:

    label:Code-Review=-2,<gerrit-user-name> AND -status:abandoned AND
project:^openstack/.*glance.*

Cheers,
--
Ian Cordasco