[openstack-dev] [ironic] Testing config drive creation in our CI

Dmitry Tantsur dtantsur at redhat.com
Fri Sep 23 11:37:28 UTC 2016

Hi folks!

We've found out that we're not testing creating of config drives in our CI. It
ended up in one combination being actually broken (pxe_* + wholedisk +
configdrive). I would like to cover this testing gap. Is there any benefit in
NOT using config drives in all jobs? I assume we should not bother too much
testing the metadata service, as it's not within our code base (unlike config
drive).

I've proposed https://review.openstack.org/375362 to switch our tempest plugin
to testing config drives, please vote. As you see one job fails on it - this is
the breakage I was talking about. It will (hopefully) get fixed with the next
release of ironic-lib.

Finally, we need to run all jobs on ironic-lib, not only one, as ironic-lib is
not the basis for all deployment variants. This will probably happen after we
switch our DSVM jobs to Xenial though.

-- Dmitry