[openstack-dev] [Security] Picking a new tag

Rob C hyakuhei at gmail.com
Fri Sep 23 10:44:37 UTC 2016

I agree that sometimes simply filtering for "security" can get a bit noisy
because only very occasionally is an email mentioning it or even using the
[security] tag actually trying to get the attention of the OSSP. Most of
the time (from my filters anyway) it's either a Neutron Security Groups
issue or someone simply using [Security] as a bit of metadata.

However, I'm hesitant to move away from it, as we should be paying
attention to things that do come through with the [Security] tag, it's the
easiest way for someone to try to get us involved if they're having an
issue.

Speaking personally, I think that if we have a sec-project tag, or
something similar, I'll simply end up having twice as many filters, on for
the new tag and one for anyone who's using [security]

I'm interested to know what other users might think though.