[openstack-dev] [Security] Picking a new tag

Ian Cordasco sigmavirus24 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 18:52:20 UTC 2016

During the OpenStack Security Project (OSSP) meeting today we
discussed the fact that some MUAs don't filter the "[Security]" tag
very well and this causes a bit of an overload for people trying to
follow the internal workings of the OSSP. We were briefly side-tracked
trying to come up with a different tag that would be less likely to
cause false positives with filtering.

This also seemed like a good opportunity to use the mailing list to
come up with our new tag, since we've had such an atrocious time using
it in the past.

Some of the suggestions I recall from the meeting include:

- OSSP
- openstack-sec

I think we'd want to keep "openstack" out of our tag name, so maybe

- sec-project
- security-project

Thoughts?

--