[openstack-dev] [kolla][fuel][tripleo] Reference architecture to deploy OpenStack on k8s

Michał Jastrzębski inc007 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 15:49:15 UTC 2016

So issue is, I know of few other openstacks on k8s and everyone does
that slightly differently. So far we lack proof points and real world
data to determine best approaches to stuff. This is still not-to-well
researched field. Right now it's mostly opinions and assumptions.
We're not ready to make document without having a flame war around
it;) Not enough knowledge in our collective brains.

As for Kolla-k8s we are still deep in development, so we are free to
take best course of action we know of. We don't have any technical
debt now. Current state of stuff represents what we thing is best
approach.

There is also part that k8s is constantly growing and it lacks certain
features that created these issues in the first place, if k8s solves
them on their side, that will affect decision on our side.

Welcome to the Chaos;)