[openstack-dev] [Kolla] Ocata summit session poll

Steven Dake (stdake) stdake at cisco.com
Thu Sep 22 04:31:08 UTC 2016

Michal,

Thanks for setting this up.  For future votes using civs, I’d recommend keeping polling results hidden until the poll is completed as to not unduly influence voters by the current incomplete polling results.

If folks would like to use civs in favor of our current mailing list voting used for core review policy changes, that seems fine, but we need to ensure core reviewer voters are identified in the results by name for full transparency.  We need to make certain civs supports this mechanism before proceeding in this way.  We also need a way to enable any core reviewer to trigger a vote on a policy change (we do this informally now by allowing any core reviewer to trigger a vote on the mailing list by tagging an email [kolla][vote] with the proposed policy change)

For core reviewer nomination votes (our most important votes of all), I’d like to keep the full transparency we have with the current mailing list voting mechanism in use.  (mailing list easier to follow then watching a poll result come in).  This is standard practice in OpenStack and not something we want to deviate from.

Also a note to others: I am pretty sure we have more than 9 sessions available in total.  We also have been granted space for a  half day contributor meetup.  Civs says only 9 spots are available.  This applies even if we choose to give 1 or 2 sessions back to the foundation for emerging projects which need planning and coordination time at summit so these projects have a level playing field.

Regards
-steve