[openstack-dev] [stackalytics] [deb] [packaging] OpenStack contribution stats skewed by deb-* projects

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Wed Sep 21 21:13:54 UTC 2016

On 2016-09-21 22:04:46 +0200 (+0200), Thierry Carrez wrote:
> Thomas Goirand wrote:
> > I don't understand why Stackalytics has it wrong, when the electorate
> > script for the PTL election is correct. Here's the script for getting
> > commits:
> > https://github.com/openstack-infra/system-config/blob/master/tools/owners.py
>
> AFAIK that is because Stackalytics works from git history, while the
> infra script works from Gerrit changes (which are more reliable).

Where "reliable" in this case means that a Gerrit change number
(numeric index ID) refers to one specific commit in one repository.
If that same commit SHA appears in the history of another repository
(because it's a fork or something) then it won't have its own Gerrit
change number and so won't show up a second time.
--
Jeremy Stanley