[openstack-dev] [nova] TL; DR A proposed subsystem maintainer model
mbooth at redhat.com
Tue Sep 20 11:07:37 UTC 2016
* +A is reserved for cores.
* A subsystem maintainer's domain need not be defined by the directory
tree: subteams are a good initial model.
* A maintainer should only +2 code in their own domain in good faith,
enforced socially, not technically.
* Subsystem maintainer is expected to request specific additional +2s for
patches touching hot areas, eg rpc, db, api.
* Hot areas are also good candidate domains for subsystem maintainers.
* Hot area review need not cover the whole patch if it's not required: I
am +2 on the DB change in this patch.
This model means that code with +2 from a maintainer only requires a single
+2 from a core.
We could implement this incrementally by defining a couple of pilot
subsystem maintainer domains.
Red Hat Engineering, Virtualisation Team
Phone: +442070094448 (UK)
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the OpenStack-dev