[openstack-dev] [vote][kolla] deprecation for debian distro support

Steven Dake (stdake) stdake at cisco.com
Mon Sep 19 19:48:10 UTC 2016

+1 for option #2 with same commentary as prior relating to fedora.

Regards
-steve

On 9/19/16, 10:44 AM, "Jeffrey Zhang" <zhang.lei.fly at gmail.com> wrote:

    Kolla core reviewer team,

    Kolla supports multiple Linux distros now, including

    * Ubuntu
    * CentOS
    * RHEL
    * Fedora
    * Debian
    * OracleLinux

    But only Ubuntu, CentOS, and OracleLinux are widely used and we have
    robust gate to ensure the quality.

    For Debian, Kolla hasn't any test for it and nobody reports any bug
    about it( i.e. nobody use Debian as base distro image). We (kolla
    team) also do not have enough resources to support so many Linux
    distros. I prefer to deprecate Debian support now.

    Please vote:

    1. Kolla needs support Debian( if so, we need some guys to set up the
    gate and fix all the issues ASAP in O cycle)
    2. Kolla should deprecate Debian support

    Voting is open for 7 days until September 27st, 2016.

    --
    Regards,
    Jeffrey Zhang