[openstack-dev] [neutron] Newton release, neutron-lib and decomposed projects

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Mon Sep 19 16:58:03 UTC 2016

Excerpts from Gary Kotton's message of 2016-09-18 05:16:54 +0000:
> Hi,
> At the moment I am a little confused and need some help please:
>
> 1.       Will we be creating release candidates for Networking-l2gw, Networking-sfc and Tap-as-a-service. These projects have tons of deprecation warnings (dealt with by: https://review.openstack.org/368392, https://review.openstack.org/368398, https://review.openstack.org/368400, https://review.openstack.org/368403, https://review.openstack.org/369091, https://review.openstack.org/369087 etc.)

Those projects are all following the release:independent model, so the
release management team has not been tracking them as part of the Newton
release.

> 2.       Will we be cutting an official neutron-lib for the newton release (or at least know that version X is the one that is being released). The reason I ask this is that in Mitaka there was a period when we had a number of versions in flight. Plugins or libraries that used constants from neutron-lib 0.2.0 broke stable mitaka. More specifically stable/mitaka was released with 0.1.0.

neutron-lib 0.4.0 was the last release before the library freeze date
and we created the stable/newton branch from it[1].

The best way to know which version of any dependency is being treated as
"current" is to look at the openstack/requirements/upper-constraints.txt
file to see what version is listed.

Doug

[1] https://releases.openstack.org/newton/index.html#neutron-lib