[openstack-dev] [neutron] Newton release, neutron-lib and decomposed projects

Gary Kotton gkotton at vmware.com
Sun Sep 18 05:16:54 UTC 2016

Hi,
At the moment I am a little confused and need some help please:

1.       Will we be creating release candidates for Networking-l2gw, Networking-sfc and Tap-as-a-service. These projects have tons of deprecation warnings (dealt with by: https://review.openstack.org/368392, https://review.openstack.org/368398, https://review.openstack.org/368400, https://review.openstack.org/368403, https://review.openstack.org/369091, https://review.openstack.org/369087 etc.)

2.       Will we be cutting an official neutron-lib for the newton release (or at least know that version X is the one that is being released). The reason I ask this is that in Mitaka there was a period when we had a number of versions in flight. Plugins or libraries that used constants from neutron-lib 0.2.0 broke stable mitaka. More specifically stable/mitaka was released with 0.1.0.

3.       Neutron code is naturally moving forwards. There are some patches that are breaking decomposed plugins – for example https://review.openstack.org/364681. This is in master and the decomposed plugins will need to update accordingly. We just need to make sure that we have cut a decomposed release candidate for newton.
I am not sure if the points above are clear. But maybe for the next cycle it would be nice if there was a window for us to be able to close release candidates across the entire project.
Thanks
Gary