[openstack-dev] [puppet] newton release - update

Emilien Macchi emilien at redhat.com
Fri Sep 16 17:45:46 UTC 2016

Hey,

Just a quick update about our plans to release Newton rc1 and final.
I'm preparing rc1 patches:
https://review.openstack.org/#/q/topic:puppet/9.3.0
Feel free to review.

We'll likely release next week and then we'll have stable/newton
branches. From there, only bugfixes can be backported. So let us know
if there is anything you want merged asap.
We'll release final Newton on October 3 at maximum.

Regarding puppet-ceph, I propose we don't branch stable/jewel, as
jewel is still the ongoing release AFIK. Though I'm proposing a tag to
make a release:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/371719/
Consider this release stable if you plan to deploy Ceph Jewel.

Any question, feedback, is highly welcome.

Enjoy the week-end!
--
Emilien Macchi