[openstack-dev] [tripleo] focus and Newton release

Emilien Macchi emilien at redhat.com
Fri Sep 16 17:25:09 UTC 2016

Quick follow-up on releases.

The team should currently focus on:

1) https://review.openstack.org/#/q/topic:tripleo/rc1 - features what
we want before tagging rc1.
2) https://launchpad.net/tripleo/+milestone/newton-rc1 bugs
3) https://launchpad.net/tripleo/+milestone/newton-rc2 bugs
4) Upgrade testing (patches will be backported if needed as long as
they are backward compatible)
5) IPv6 testing (patch will be backported if needed)

When 1) is done, I'll tag tripleo rc1 and defer all bugs to newton-rc2.
Another FYI: Puppet OpenStack will release RC1 next week.

Reminder: when rc1 is created, stable/newton branch is also created,
so please take care of backporting your patch merged in master that
you think we need in stable branch.

Thanks everyone, we're almost there! Keep going :-)

--
Emilien Macchi