[openstack-dev] [designate] PTL Candidacy

Hayes, Graham graham.hayes at hpe.com
Fri Sep 16 13:29:38 UTC 2016

Hi Everyone,

I would like to my intention to continue as PTL of the Designate
project for another cycle.

We have made great steps forward in Designate over the last few cycles,
not just with features, but integrating with the community as a whole.

For Ocata, I have previously proposed, and now am completely behind
making this cycle a non feature cycle. We have built up some large amount
of technical debt, and are in need of some time to just do hardening, bug
fixes, and performance improvements.

With Ocata being such a short cycle, I think we have a prime opportunity
to do that, and with the recent merge of Worker Model, we should not need
any other major refactors.

I think we have made major progress over the previous 3 or 4 years,
and have done amazing work, despite (or maybe because of) being a small
team.

Thanks for reading, and your consideration for PTL.

- Graham