[openstack-dev] What's Up, Doc? 16 September

Lana Brindley openstack at lanabrindley.com
Fri Sep 16 04:42:14 UTC 2016

Hi everyone,

Newton goes out in three weeks, and the release team and I have been busy working with our cross-project liaisons to ensure the docs suite is up to date and ready to go. Don't forget that you can contact any of us (or just send mail to the docs mailing list) if you have any questions about the Newton docs release.

This week, I've also been working on Summit planning, and drafting my PTL candidacy, which you can read here: http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-docs/2016-September/009112.html Big thanks to everyone who has emailed me over the past few days to offer their support. Knowing you all have my back is the reason I keep doing this :)

== Progress towards Newton ==

19 days to go!

Bugs closed so far: 444

Release managers: Olena Logvinova and Alexandra Settle

Release tasks are being tracked here: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/NewtonRelease

Install Guide testing is being tracked here: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Documentation/NewtonDocTesting

== The Road to Barcelona ==

* I have a draft schedule starting to take shape, which you can see here: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/Ocata-DocsSessions I'll put this into Sched once the tool becomes available, and your early feedback is welcome. Additionally, if you're interested in moderating a session in Barcelona, please let me know.
* By now, you should be well on the way to having your travel and accommodation booked for Barcelona. In case you're still working on it, though, there's travel information available on the Summit site here: https://www.openstack.org/summit/barcelona-2016/travel/
* Looking a little further forward, Foundation have now announced that the first Project Team Gathering (PTG) will be held in Atlanta, US, on Feb 20-24: http://www.openstack.org/ptg

== Speciality Team Reports ==

This will be the last Speciality Team report before we release Newton, as focus shifts to final preparations, testing, and release notes. I'd like to take this opportunity to thank all our speciality team leads, who work very hard behind the scenes to keep their books in top shape, and their teams working together towards a common goal. Our docs suite wouldn't be what it is without these hard working people.

'''HA Guide: Andrew Beekhof'''
No report this week.

'''Install Tutorials: Lana Brindley'''
Core Guide testing is underway! Check out progress and sign up here: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Documentation/NewtonDocTesting Next meeting: 27 September August 0600UTC.

'''Networking Guide: Edgar Magana'''
No report this week.

'''Security Guide: Nathaniel Dillon'''
No report this week.

'''User Guides: Joseph Robinson'''
No report this week.

'''Ops Guide: Shilla Saebi, Darren Chan'''
No report this week.

'''API Guide: Anne Gentle'''
Working with teams who want to write guides similar to FirstApp: Murano and Heat for example.
This patch moves Cinder v1 API to Deprecated: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/370407/ Thanks Mark Voelker for all the links to go with the patch!

'''Config/CLI Ref: Tomoyuki Kato'''
Updating Config reference for Newton release. We need to help, especially for vendor plug-in configuration.

'''Training labs: Pranav Salunke, Roger Luethi'''
No report this week.

'''Training Guides: Matjaz Pancur'''
No report this week.

'''Hypervisor Tuning Guide: Blair Bethwaite
No report this week.

'''UX/UI Guidelines: Michael Tullis, Rodrigo Caballero'''
No report this week.

== Doc team meeting ==

Next meetings:

The US meeting was held this week, you can read the minutes here: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Documentation/MeetingLogs#2016-09-14