[openstack-dev] [release] Release countdown for week R-2, 19-23 Sept

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Thu Sep 15 21:37:52 UTC 2016

Focus
-----

All teams should be working on release-critical bugs before the
final release.

General Notes
-------------

Projects following the milestone release model that missed the RC1
target date should prepare an RC1 as soon as possible.

Release Actions
---------------

Projects not following the milestone-based release model who want
stable/newton branches created should talk to the release team about
their needs. Remember, we always create stable branches from tagged
commits, so we need the tag to exist before we branch.

Watch for translation patches and merge them quickly to ensure we
have as many user-facing strings translated as possible in the
release candidates. If your project has already been branched, make
sure those patches are also applied to the stable branch.

Liaisons for projects with independent deliverables should import
the release history by preparing patches to openstack/releases.

Important Dates