[openstack-dev] [requirements][release][FFE] Request for netaddr>=0.7.13 bump in g-r

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Thu Sep 15 16:26:34 UTC 2016

Excerpts from Matt Riedemann's message of 2016-09-15 09:09:48 -0500:
> There was a change introduced to nova in newton which requires a minimum
> of netaddr 0.7.13. We've been testing with 0.7.18 from upper-constraints
> so bumping the minimum from 0.7.12 to 0.7.13 shouldn't cause any issues.
>
> The g-r change is here:
>
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/370833/
>
> We're not going to revert the nova change since that would be riskier at
> this point in the cycle since it landed before n-2.

After much discussion on IRC in both #openstack-release and
#openstack-requirements, the release team made the call to go ahead with
this requirements update.

We will merge the change to the global requirements, and update nova
before its RC1.

Other projects that believe they have an issue and have not already
tagged RC1 may also update their requirements list in their trees.

Projects that have already tagged RC1 and libraries that use netaddr *do
not* need to be updated right now.

When we branch the requirements repo, it will trigger updates to any
projects that have not already updated the min version for netaddr. We
will consider those changes as bugs in the requirements specifications
for newton, and tag point releases when there is another reason to
create a new release of the project or library.

Doug