[openstack-dev] [tripleo] CI is currently down: 2 blockers

Emilien Macchi emilien at redhat.com
Thu Sep 15 15:26:04 UTC 2016

On Wed, Sep 14, 2016 at 10:13 PM, Emilien Macchi <emilien at redhat.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Just a heads-up before end of day:
>
> 1) multinode job is failing 80% of time. James and myself did some
> attempts to revert or fix things but we have been unfortunate until
> now.
> Everything is documented here: https://bugs.launchpad.net/tripleo/+bug/1623606

We found out that https://review.openstack.org/#/c/368760/ is breaking
us, so we will revert it and work on it again later.

> 2) ovb jobs are timeing out during NetworkDeployment because
> 99-refresh-completed is not signaling to Heat due to instance-id being
> detected as null by os-apply-config.
> James proposed a revert: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/370250/
> But the patch can't be merged because of 1).

We are going to merge James's revert, we think it will bring back OVB jobs.

To merge the reverts, we need to disable voting on multinode jobs:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/370922/

Please do not merge anything today (except the 2 reverts) until our
situation becomes more stable. Probably tonight or tomorrow.
Once situation is better, I or someone else in the team will give an
update here.

Thanks for your understanding,

--
Emilien Macchi