[openstack-dev] [tripleo] focus and Newton release

Emilien Macchi emilien at redhat.com
Wed Sep 14 19:16:37 UTC 2016

Folks,

We're currently dealing with multiple CI issues, bug almost all
blockers are under control.
Until the release, the whole team should focus on what is targeted here:
https://launchpad.net/tripleo/+milestone/newton-rc1
https://launchpad.net/tripleo/+milestone/newton-rc2

1) Finish to land patches that are in Newton blueprints: Custom roles,
Ops tools and Manila/CephFS are the top priorities at this time.
2) Work on newton bugs, critical and high. Note: everything that
concerns Upgrades is critical or high, so it's very important to
finish this work.

Because of remaining work, we won't tag RC1 this week but wait the
week of September 26. That week, we'll tag RC1 and stable/newton will
be created. Hopefully by this time we solved most of our blockers and
merged the last patches related to Newton features.
>From there, we'll have to backport bugfixes (and upgrade work) from
master to stable/newton.

See more details about release schedule:
https://releases.openstack.org/newton/schedule.html#n-finalrc

Any feedback or question is more than welcome,
--
Emilien Macchi