[openstack-dev] [tc][swg] Summary of today's SWG meeting/work items

Colette Alexander colettealexander at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 00:55:29 UTC 2016

Hi everyone,

I thought it might be a good idea to send a summary of the Stewardship
Working Group (SWG) meeting[0] to the -dev list today - both to
increase engagement around what we're up to, and to reach the (quite a
few) folks who couldn't make today's meeting because of conflicts:

1. We're in the process of refining our vision for what the SWG would
like accomplished in Barcelona[1]. Visioning is a concept we learned
about in training and is best summed up here:
https://www.zingtrain.com/content/why-and-how-visioning-works for
anyone who is curious.

The SWG already has a panel discussion scheduled in Barcelona[2], but
we discussed whether it might be good to add 2 more sessions:
    a. A cross project themed session covering some of the recent
governance patches suggested by the TC[3]
    b.  A general work session on Friday afternoon.

We're going to attempt to get both of those scheduled in the next week
or two, and we'd love to see anyone from the community who's
interested in stewardship/leadership there.

Also, we'd love feedback from the community (via ML or in
#openstack-swg ) on what they'd like to hear about/experience at any
of these sessions, so please chime in if you have anything you'd like
to see addressed by our group.

2. Our short list of work was reviewed[4]

We discussed the current governance changes in flight:
Goals for Ocata cycle & Principles

And some future goals listed:
A long term/overall vision for the Stewardship Working Group,
recommending that the TC write a vision

I floated the idea that having a vision for the SWG that we can all
align on would be the greatest selling point in proposing to the TC
that they have their own. It appears, based on our Barcelona vision,
that that is what we're targeting to start there.

Comments, questions, feedback most welcome!

Cheers,

-gothicmindfood

[0] Meeting Agenda: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Meetings/SWGMeeting
[1] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/BarcelonaSWGMagic