[openstack-dev] Election Season, PTL and TC September/October 2016

Anita Kuno anteaya at anteaya.info
Tue Sep 13 14:23:48 UTC 2016

On 16-09-13 09:52 AM, Nate Johnston wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 13, 2016 at 07:48:06AM -0500, Sean McGinnis wrote:

>>> I wonder if it's worth having all conversations in #openstack-dev?
>>>
>>> There are pros and cons to both.
>>>
>>> Having a single purpose election channel certainly make it easy to spot election activity
>>> Using openstack-dev increases the possibility of braoder reach.
>>>
>>> I don't have a strong opionion either way.
>>>
>>> Yours Tony.
>> No strong opinion either, but I agree openstack-dev would get more
>> visiblity.
>>
>> Sean (smcginnis)
> I am fine with #openstack-dev if that is the consensus choice, but we
> may also want to list the direct contact info for the election officers

Officials, not officers. The role is to administrate as an appointee of
the technical committee, not police.

> so that people can ping directly in case their query happens to get
> lost.  The conversation can then come back to #openstack-dev, but then
> you would know you had someone's attention.

Well the method of communication up until now has been using the -dev
mailing list with an invitation to email the election officials directly
for private matters. That way communication reaches the broadest
audience and is time insensitive. My experience is that has worked well
in the past.

Thank you,
Anita.