[openstack-dev] [watcher] PTL candidacy

Antoine Cabot antoinecabot83 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 14:22:25 UTC 2016

Hello everyone,

I would like to announce my candidacy to continue as Watcher PTL for
the Ocata release. [1]

During the Newton cycle, our main achievement was to enter the
OpenStack big tent by demonstrating a great diversity of contributors
and the added-value of an infrastructure optimization service for
OpenStack.

With around 20 active contributors during the cycle and 15 blueprints
implemented, I'm very proud to lead this project and welcome new
contributors every week.

Given that the Ocata development window is shorter, my main goal for
Ocata is to focus on the stability and usability of Watcher. We also
need to provide more optimization strategies that will demonstrate
the capabilities of Watcher. Additionaly, I plan to work with Nova
on placement API used for scheduling decisions.

I would also like to take this opportunity to thank all members of
the OpenStack community who helped our team during the Newton cycle.

Thank you,
Antoine

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/369267/