[openstack-dev] [Fuel] PTL non candidacy
vkozhukalov at mirantis.com
Tue Sep 13 10:02:46 UTC 2016
Newton cycle is getting to its end and it is time to look at what we've
managed to achieve by the moment.
* Improved task based deployment engine (memory efficiency, code
structure, graph sequences, noop run).
* Re-implemented OS provisioning as a graph. Now it is one of the graphs in
the default deployment graph sequence.
* Improved graph API and UX. Now it is possible to upload/download
custom graphs, run particular graphs, see per-task deployment
* Aligned the functionality of the new version of fuelclient with the
old one. Now all subcommands are available in `fuel2` and we are ready
to deprecate old `fuel` command.
* We are on our way to get rid of ISO. (ISOless BVT is ready, review
jobs are in progress).
* Improved LCM UX including IaC (using git repository as a source for
* We begun implementing cluster upgrade procedure as a graph. In the
future in-place OpenStack cluster upgrades will be a native part Fuel
* We also put some efforts to research container based deployment
possibilities (K8s and Docker). We introduced a bunch of
experimental repositories (fuel-ccp-*) where the team is now working
on CI/CD like UX for containerized OpenStack deployment.
There are also many things that we were planning but didn't manage
to do. I'm not going to nominate myself as a PTL for Ocata cycle, but I'll
continue to contribute to Fuel to make it a perfect deployment
tool and I'm looking forward for other Fuel team members to run for PTL
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the OpenStack-dev