[openstack-dev] [Congress] PTL candidacy

Eric K ekcs.openstack at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 00:19:38 UTC 2016

Hi all!

I¹m writing to announce my candidacy for Congress PTL (Ocata).

First, I¹d like to thank Tim for his outstanding leadership since the very
beginning of the project.  Under his leadership, Congress has grown from an
interesting idea to a capable service.  I would also like to thank everyone
for
their tremendous support in bringing me along as a Congress contributor,
from
first learning the codebase to leading the high-availability design and
implementation efforts.  I¹m truly grateful to be a part of such a
welcoming,
collaborative and supportive community.

For the Ocata cycle, my main focus for Congress is usability and
ease-of-adoption.  For example, by shipping Congress with pre-built policies
and templates, Congress would provide useful policy-based monitoring fresh
out-of-the-box, its time-to-value improving from weeks to under a day.  I
also
aim to continue prioritizing user engagement, cross-project collaboration,
and
code robustness.  Last but not least, I look forward to supporting our
project
members in their goals and visions for Congress.

Thank you all once again!

-- Eric J. Kao