[openstack-dev] [glance] [elections] Glance PTL non-candidacy

Nikhil Komawar nik.komawar at gmail.com
Mon Sep 12 06:08:34 UTC 2016

Hi team,

Just wanted to share my decision for not running for PTL for Glance.
It's been great serving the community in this role however, there are
some personal and family matters that I need to attend to over the next
couple of months or so.

I think the Glance team has done great and we've quite a bunch of bright
developers who are helping push the project forward in the appropriate
direction. With Glare becoming separate project and Ocata being short
cycle, I anticipate the priorities being rather obvious to those who
have stayed in touch. I will be available to do the rightful handoff to
the incoming PTL (for Ocata) and update with Newton happenings once
we're done with a few important bugs that are being targeted for RC1.

I intend to stick around in Glance and related projects like
Searchlight, Glare, etc. However, I am planning to take a more hands on
role and see a few features through in Ocata.  Given more and more
glance-cores time sharing with other projects, I think we need some
throttle in our review system. So, I'd like to help any new developers
get their reviews up, that in turn will help the Glance community.

Last but not the least, I have thoroughly enjoyed working in this role
with all my fellow stackers, particularly glancers! So, a BIG thank you
for having worked with me in making Glance better over the last couple
of years.

--

Cheers,
Nikhil