[openstack-dev] [all] governance proposal worth a visit: Write down OpenStack principles

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Fri Sep 9 19:20:10 UTC 2016

On 2016-09-09 14:45:57 +0200 (+0200), Flavio Percoco wrote:
[...]
> As one of the folks that have always brought up "assuming good
> faith" whenever possible, I admit that I mistakenly (?) assumed
> that it was shared practice
[...]

You're certainly not alone. I for one don't wish to welcome
contributions into the community from entities who are self-serving
and willing to undermine the project and the community for their own
benefit. I'd rather be able to assume those within our community are
acting in good faith to better us all, and not hesitate to evict any
people or organizations who cannot help but succumb to greed and a
lack of empathy for positive work being done by the rest of us.

Taking a stance that we can't trust contributions from some parts of
our community reinforces an idea that we're still willing to accept
them.
--
Jeremy Stanley