[openstack-dev] [neutron][stadium][release] Doing new stadium releases through openstack/releases only

Ihar Hrachyshka ihrachys at redhat.com
Fri Sep 9 13:46:16 UTC 2016

Hi all,

Cathy noticed lately that networking-sfc 2.0.0 release did not trigger an
announcement email. This was because the tag pushed did not contain some
metadata required by the post-merge job:

http://logs.openstack.org/64/64eb217de2273cf3760b2f73967a77aed0346d96/release/networking-sfc-announce-release/ff7d533/console.html#_2016-09-06_14_08_34_257103

We discussed the matter briefly with Doug Hellmann, and he suggested that
we stop pushing tags ourselves, instead relying on openstack/releases
automation and global openstack release team to do the job. [Some time in
the past, the global release team was reluctant to take the load, but now
they seem to have the proper automation for release:independent projects in
place.]

I don’t have any objection against doing all neutron releases through
centralized means. So I proposed the following changes:

- https://review.openstack.org/#/c/368010/ to modify stadium release
guidelines to exclude neutron-release team from pushing new tags;
- https://review.openstack.org/#/c/368012/ to remove push-tag ACLs from
neutron-release team for all stadium repos.

I hope it’s ok with everyone,
Ihar